Skip to content
- June 9: Mark wins the Pattullo Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching for CEOAS
- May 19: Bareera is featured in CEOAS Chronicles “NASA SnowEX: Science Below Zero Degree C”, read it here
- December 5: Anna Jensen successfully defends her MS thesis!
- September 6: Hannah Steele successfully defends her MS thesis!
- June 1: KEZI (Eugene, OR) interview “Water supply issues possible despite high snowpack, expert warns”, read it here
- May: CEOAS Strata interview “Watching the Trees”, read it here
- May 5: BBC Radio interview about tree sway and canopy snow on “The World Tonight” program, listen to it here (starting at 40:39).
- May 5: The Guardian “Colorado conifers given ‘Fitbits’ to measure snow cover”, read it here
- May 2: Wired Article “Give Fitbits (of Sorts) to the Trees”, read it here
- April 15: AGU EoS Spotlight Article “Trees Wearing Accelerometers Help Track Snowstorms”, read it here
- March 29: Ameriflux article “Note from the Flux site: Winter at Niwot Ridge”, read it here
- March 15: Utah State Today article “Snowbound: Big Trees Boost Water in Forests by Protecting Snowpack”, read it here